The Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA) (Booth C4637) announced the recipients of the 2011 annual Tilt-Up Achievement Awards. In its 20th year, the awards program honors projects that use site-cast tilt-up concrete to introduce new building types, advance industry technology and provide unique solutions to building programs.
This year a panel of 14 judges recognized 23 award recipients. Below are the six projects that earned the program's best-of-the-best honor‹Excellence in Achievement.
Evie Garrett Dennis Campus: 188,000-sq.-ft. educational facility in Denver, Colo.; Saunders Construction Inc., Centennial, Colo.
City of Lauderhill Municipal Complex: 44,650-sq.-ft. municipal complex in Lauderhill, Fla.; Woodland Construction Co., Jupiter, Fla.
Beck Office Building: 32,000-sq.-ft. office building in Tampa, Fla.; Sunshine Structures Inc., Lehigh Acres, Fla.
Toho Water Authority Administrative Headquarters: 52,147-sq.-ft. office building in Kissimmee, Fla.; Tilt-Con Corp., Altamonte Springs, Fla.
Nordic Naturals: 89,384-sq.-ft. office/distribution center in Watsonville, Calif.; Ausonio Inc., Castroville, Calif.
Cedar Ridge High School: 375,000-sq.-ft. educational facility in Round Rock, Texas; American Constructors Inc., Austin, Texas.
Bedrock Quartz: 25,000-sq.-ft. manufacturing/industrial facility in West Jordan, Utah; J.M. Williams and Associates Inc./AE Urbia, Salt Lake City and Arc/Artel.
In addition to the top seven projects, 16 other projects were selected to round out the class of 2011 Tilt-Up Achievement Awards.
- 48ROCK, Lincoln, Neb.; Ayars & Ayars Inc., Lincoln, Neb.
- BRPH Office Building @Meridian Center, Palm Shores, Fla.; Woodland Construction Co., Jupiter, Fla.
- Eagle Business Center, Orem, Utah; J.M. Williams and Associates Inc./AE Urbia, Salt Lake City.
- Eye Institute of Texas, Dallas; Alliance Architects Inc., Richardson, Texas.
- Iron Bridge Building III, Spokane, Wash.; DIVCON Inc., Spokane Valley, Wash.
- Mosaic Florida Operations Center, Lithia, Fla.; Sunshine Structures Inc., Lehigh Acres, Fla.
- Wasatch Supply Inc., Salt Lake City; J.M. Williams and Associates Inc./AE Urbia, Salt Lake City.
- C Vista, Riverview, Fla.; Carr and Sons Masonry Inc., Pinellas Park, Fla.
- Tramontina West Airport, Sugar Land, Texas; Powers Brown Architecture, Houston.
- District 9 Medical Examiner's Office, Orlando; Tilt-Con Corp., Altamonte Springs, Fla.
- FAA Office Facility, Miramar, Fla.; Woodland Construction, Jupiter, Fla.
- Lakeside Hospital in Belle Glade, Belle Glade, Fla.; Tilt-Con Corp., Altamonte Springs, Fla.
Commercial Nonoffice Category:
- Muvico Village 12, Fredericksburg, Va.; Citadel Contractors Inc., Apex N.C.
Special Projects Category:
- Armed Forces Reserve Center (AFRC), Norman, Okla.; The Korte Co., Highland, Ill.
- Inland Empire Paper Co., Millwood, Wash.; DIVCON Inc., Spokane Valley, Wash.
- Housing Unit Prototype, Amman, Jordan; SiteCast Construction Corp., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Learn more about the winners at www.tilt-up.org.