The American Concrete Institute (ACI) announces the winners of the new ACI University Award program, designed to recognize universities whose students and faculty are active in ACI and other concrete-related activities.
Throughout 2010, students and faculty from universities participated in ACI-related activities to earn points towards achieving ACI University Award status. Some eligible activities included student ACI membership, participation in ACI student competitions, attendance at ACI conventions, presence of an active ACI student chapter at the university, and participation in ACI technical, educational, and certification committees.
Universities earning 12 or more points during 2010 were recognized for the ACI Excellent University Award. Those universities included:
- Arizona State University
- Florida International University
- Middle Tennessee State University
- Missouri S&T University
- North Carolina State University
- Purdue University
- Texas State University – San Marcos
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León
- University of Arkansas
- University of Kansas
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Texas at Austin
Universities earning 6-11 points during 2010 were recognized for the ACI Outstanding University Award. Those universities included:
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Instituto Tecnologico de la Paz
- Iowa State University
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- North Dakota State University
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Ryerson University
- Tennessee Technological University
- Texas A&M University
- Universidad Rafael Landivar Quetzaltenango
- University of Colorado Denver
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota, Duluth
- University of Toronto
- Villanova University
Universities earning ACI University Awards were recognized during the ACI Spring 2011 Convention in Tampa, Fla. in April.
Universities are invited to begin the application process for the 2011 year, for activities completed January 1 – December 31, 2011.
For more information on eligible activities and their respective point values and entry forms, please visit www.UniversityAward.concrete.org.