The Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI) has announced the winners of its 18th biennial Design Awards Competition. Winners were judged on four criteria: satisfaction of the owner's objectives, effective planning, innovation to meet project goals, and full exploitation of the benefits of cast-in-place reinforced concrete. Awards went to:
- Grand Award: Holy Rosary Catholic Church Complex, St. Amant
- Special Awards—Security Design:
- Oklahoma City Federal Building
- Patriots Plaza—Phase I, Washington, D.C.
- Oklahoma Hall, Bachelor Enlisted Quarters P-593, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
- Design Awards
- RadioShack Riverfront Campus, Fort Worth, Texas
- Press Box at Alex G Spanos Stadium, Stockton, Calif.
- Austin (Texas) City Hall