The Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI) recently announced its 2006 Design & Construction Excellence Awards. Entries were judged on comprehensive planning, creative design that serves a purpose, maximizing reinforced concrete construction efficiencies, and using a process that empowers and rewards innovation and cooperation by all team members. The winners of its 18th biennial competition include:
- National Sciences Building, University of California at San Diego, San Diego
- Oklahoma City Federal Building, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Patriots Plaza - Phase I, Washington, D.C.
- RadioShack Riverfront Campus, Fort Worth, Texas
- Holy Rosary Catholic Church Complex, St. Amant, La.
- Harvard University Oxford Parking Garage, Cambridge, Mass.
For more information on these buildings, go to www.crsi.org.