The ACI Foundation offers fellowship and scholarship opportunities to students whose studies relate to the concrete industry. The programs are highly competitive and the 2011-2012 recipients are of the elite and well deserving students.
To be eligible for an ACI Foundation Fellowship, a student must be nominated by a faculty member at a university, who is an ACI member. Twelve finalists were selected to be interviewed to receive a fellowship at the ACI Spring 2011 Convention in Tampa, Fla in April. Fellowship awards range from $7,000 to $10,000. In addition to the awards, fund recipients are paired with an industry mentor, paid travel expenses and registration fees to two ACI conventions, and some receive industry internships.
ACI Foundation Graduate and Undergraduate Scholarship awards are $3,000. To be eligible, a student must be a full-time student as defined by the attending university during the award year.
- ACI Elmer Baker Student Fellowship - Michael Howland, University of Arkansas
- BASF Construction Chemicals Student Fellowship - Samuel Keske, Auburn University
- ACI Presidents' Fellowship - Colby Hietbrink, University of North Carolina-Charlotte
- Charles Pankow Foundation ACI Student Fellowship - Daniel Abramson, University of Minnesota-Duluth
- ACI Baker Student Fellowship - Kyle Dunning, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- ACI Baker Student Fellowship - Kyrstyn Haapala, University of Minnesota-Duluth
- ACI Richard N. White Student Fellowship - Kunal Vaswani, University of Washington
- ACI Cagley Student Fellowship - Mark Cukrov, University of Nevada-Reno
- ACI Bertold E. Weinberg Scholarship - Stuart Veysey, University of New Brunswick
- Kumar Mehta Scholarship - Eric Kim, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- ACI W.R. Grace Scholarship - Raguez Taha, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Katharine and Bryant Mather Scholarship - Stephanie Moreno, University of Kansas
- ACI Scholarship - James Lafikes, University of Kansas
- ACI Schwing America Scholarship - Ashlee Hossack, University of New Brunswick
- ACI Richard D. Stehly Memorial Scholarship - Jeevaka Somaratna, Clarkson University
The ACI Foundation Fellowship/Scholarship Program for the 2012-2013 academic year is now open until October 7, 2011.
For more information, visit www.scholarships.concrete.org.