This valuable book addresses the essentials of concrete surface engineering in view of a wide variety of concrete surface treatments, from protective coatings to repairs. Applying any material to an existing concrete surface intrinsically entails the development of a bond. Considering the increasing importance of concrete repair and protection, which imply creating an interface between two materials, an improved knowledge of concrete surface characteristics is paramount. This book provides a leading-edge source of information for practicing engineers, architects, repair specialists, and researchers on the following topics:
- Surface engineering principles applied to concrete
- Methods and techniques for assessing concrete surface characteristics
- Fundamentals of adhesion between concrete and surface repairs/treatments
- Compatibility requirements for concrete surface repairs/treatments
- Review of surface preparation techniques available for concrete
- Achievement and appraisal of bond between existing concrete and surface repairs/treatments
For more information or to buy a copy, click here.