The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association is seeking abstracts for the 2012 International Concrete Sustainability Conference, scheduled for May 7-10 at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel. The 7th annual conference will provide learning and networking opportunities on the latest advances, technical knowledge, continuing research, tools and solutions for sustainable concrete manufacturing and construction.
Researchers, academics, students, engineers, architects, contractors, concrete producers, public works officials, material suppliers and concrete industry professionals are invited to present and attend the conference. Suggested topics include the latest developments related to design, specifying, manufacturing, testing, construction, maintenance and research of concrete as they relate to sustainability:
- Life Cycle Assessment - Methods for assessing carbon footprint, embodied energy and other environmental impacts for buildings, infrastructure, and cement and concrete manufacturing. Life cycle assessment tools and models for process and product innovations and green building.
- Low Impact Development - Sustainable sites including pervious pavements, water conservation systems and erosion control structures. Urban heat island reduction including light colored pavements, exterior cladding, green roofs and cool communities.
- Green Concrete - Recycled materials including ingredients, fuels and beneficial use of byproducts for cement and concrete production. Performance-based concrete including extended service life, performance based specifications, durability, opportunities and challenges.
- Sustainability Initiatives - Government initiatives including green building codes and standards, economic incentives and legislation. Private initiatives including voluntary programs adopted by building owners and developers, designers, contractors and product manufacturers.
- Functional Resilience - High performance concrete applications in buildings and infrastructure, fortified building codes and land use, event recovery and sustainable community initiatives focusing on disaster resistance and adaptive reuse potential.
SUBMIT ONLINE: www.ConcreteSustainabilityConference.org
DEADLINE: January 27, 2012
QUESTIONS: Lionel Lemay, LLemay@nrmca.org