CTLGroup is pleased to announce the appointment of new chairs for its Green Solutions practice. Martha G. VanGeem, P.E., LEED AP and David F. Cook, R.A., have assumed leadership of this important practice area.
CTLGroup has been involved in the sustainability arena for decades and continues to expand its professional services to help customers reduce their environmental impact through all stages for the life cycle, from manufacturing, to construction, to end of service life. VanGeem is a noted expert in the field with 29 years of research and project work. She is a much sought-after speaker and thought leader. Specifically, Martha was a key contributor to the development of ASHRAE/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1: Standard for the Design of High Performance Green Buildings. Cook has extensive experience with building envelope design and repair issues. During his tenure with the City of Evanston, he oversaw the construction of the first LEED Gold-certified fire station in Illinois.
CTLGroup provides a broad range of services to building owners, designers, engineers and contractors, including:
- Efficient use of energy, materials and resources
- LEED compliance documentation including Solar Reflectance Index (SRI) testing
- Building envelope engineering including issues related to insulation, thermal mass, air barrier and vapor retarder
- Energy usage analysis/simulation for problem identification and resolution
- Low carbon cementitious materials and concrete mixture designs
CTLGroup has the depth of experience matched by few and has been making the world a greener place-project by project-for over 30 years in several ways:
- Determining the environmental impacts of materials through the application of life-cycle assessment (LCA) since 1993
- Contributing to the development of ASHRAE Standard 90.1 Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings since 1990
- Testifying at the International Green Construction Code (IGCC) hearings in August 2010 and the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) hearings since 2002
- Publishing over 100 papers, reports and articles on energy efficiency, green buildings, LCA and supplementary cementitious materials (the key component of low carbon footprint concrete)
For more information about CTLGroup's markets and services, please visit www.ctlgroup.com.