I was asked recently what today’s greatest challenges are for concrete contractors. I came up with a list of seven, in no particular order:
- Increasing complexity of materials and equipment.
- Increasing difficulty of complying with regulations (employment, safety, environmental, ADA, MBE).
- Dealing with the shortage of workers and developing existing workers into leaders.
- Determining the best time to invest in your business versus the “hunker-down” mentality that has dominated over the past 5 years.
- Managing your businesses and operations with the newest software and communication platforms.
- Transition/succession planning
- Keeping up with the newest technology.
Do you agree with this list? What is your greatest challenge?