The Post-Tensioning Institute (PTI) has announced the content for their 2009 Conference & Exhibition.
The eighth annual conference is to be held May 3-5, 2009 at the Marriott Downtown Waterfront in Portland, Ore. Engineers, architects, building officials, inspectors, contractors, specifiers, students, researchers, and others interested in post-tensioning are invited to attend this informative symposium. The two-day event will include technical sessions, panel discussions, committee meetings, educational seminars, product and software demonstrations, networking and social events, as well as a trade show with approximately 25 vendors. In addition, PTI will host its biannual Legends of Post-Tensioning Awards dinner and presentation honoring.
Sessions will cover a wide range of post-tensioning topics including building design, bridges, evaluation and repair, slab-on-ground foundations, construction and installation, and innovative technologies. Continuing education units (CEUs) will be awarded for the conference. Following is an outline of the scheduled technical sessions:
- International Forum - Worldwide Use of Post-Tensioning: Learn about the creative uses of post-tensioning from around the world. Speakers from Europe, Asia, Australia South America, and the Middle East are planned.
- Sustainability & Post-Tensioning: Learn how post-tensioning can benefit green building and the environment. Session will include a panel discussion of sustainability considerations.
- Post-Tensioning in Infrastructure: Find out about innovative uses of post-tensioning in bridges, pavements, storage tanks and energy projects.
- Innovative Post-Tensioning Building & Parking Structure Design: Learn about ground-breaking post-tensioning applications, including seismic design and BIM.
- Construction & Installation: Learn about the latest in certification and specification developments as well as inventive construction techniques. Session will conclude with a panel discussion of construction tolerances.
- Repair & Rehabilitation: Find out about the latest repair and rehabilitation techniques.
- Durability: Learn about corrosion protection and replacement of stay cables, and other post-tensioning durability considerations
In addition to the technical sessions, PTI is offering a design seminar, Analysis and Design of Post-Tensioned Buildings and Parking Structures, following the conference. The seminar is complimentary to registered conference attendees (a $275 value.)
The cost to attend the conference is $399 for PTI members and $449 for nonmembers. Those interested can register by visiting PTI.