Contractors who polish, coat, and repair concrete surfaces should start planning now for next year's World of Concrete. CONCRETE SURFACES and CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION magazines are launching the Concrete Surfaces & Decorative Pavilion. The show takes place Jan. 18-21; seminars begin Jan. 17.
Located directly in front of the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, this area will host a wide variety of event and demonstrations devoted specifically to concrete contractors involved in surfaces restoration and repair. Many opportunities will be available to educate contractors on how to integrate decorative or nondecorative concrete surfaces into their commercial construction projects.
“Surface treatment projects represent a growing segment of the concrete industry,” says Rick Yelton, commercial editorial program & events manager for World of Concrete. “Reliable information on materials, equipment, repair, restoration, and construction methods is essential as contractors become more involved in the surface treatment process.” Several specialized education activities will be located in the Concrete Surfaces & Decorative Pavilion, including:
- Concrete Polishing Area: Visitors will learn about new techniques and tools used to treat and service this special concrete surface. Education will focus on assessing the quality of the finished surface.
- Artistry in Decorative Concrete: For the ninth year, creative artisans demonstrate diverse and relevant decorative concrete applications and techniques.
- Decorative Concrete Tool Demonstration Area: Pavilion visitors are invited to learn how the proper tools and accessories can help contractors perform on specific decorative applications.
- Problem-solving Products Area: A collection of static product displays show which applications contractors can use to correct an existing problem or to expand their commercial work, such as overlays, floor treatment before product application, polishing, grinding, and staining.
- Show Us Your Best Competition: Contact an exhibitor to sponsor you. This year's theme: outdoor walkways. The goal is to demonstrate how concrete contractors can transform plain concrete into a centerpiece.
- Contractor Clinics: Moving to the South Hall next year, in this classroom setting, exhibitors and industry professionals will showcase concrete surface treatment technologies, techniques, and products during live demonstrations.
- Concrete Polishing Luncheon & Forum: This popular event returns on Tuesday, Jan. 18. More details on topics and speakers will be available soon.
Look for further details on these events and the show in future issues of CONCRETE SURFACES. Also, visit www.worldofconcrete.com to register for the show.