Hanley Wood Exhibitions has announced the launch of the fourth annual World of Concrete (WOC) CREWS THAT ROCK competition. Sponsored by BASF, CREWS THAT ROCK honors concrete and masonry construction crews for their teamwork and contributions to the industry. Crews can submit their outstanding projects completed in 2014 to be entered to win CREWS THAT ROCK. The two winning crews will receive a trip to WOC 2015, prizes, and widespread industry recognition.
Dean & Derek, popular radio and TV hosts of DIY Network’s “Rock Solid” and “Indoors Out,” as well as PBS’s “Victory Garden,” have been invited to participate in the CREWS THAT ROCK CONTEST at WOC 2015. Dean & Derek (www.deanandderek.com) are a perfect fit to not only host the CREWS THAT ROCK Winners’ Reception at WOC 2015, but also to take part in the Experts’ Choice panel, helping to select the winning crews along with online votes.
Crews can submit their entries online at www.crewsthatrock.com, along with images capturing projects completed January 1, 2014, through November 21, 2014. Projects can be entered in one of two categories: Community Service/Not-for-Profit and Commercial/For-Profit. All entries must be received by November 21, 2014.
THE WINNER IN EACH CATEGORY WILL RECEIVE:
• Up to $2,000 airline credit to fly the winning crew to WOC 2015 (flights to be booked through WOC Housing; details will be provided to winners).
• A $500 American Express gift card awarded to each winning crew.
• Each winning crew receives 3 complimentary rooms in an official WOC hotel during WOC 2015 (based on double occupancy – 3 nights per room maximum for no more than 6 individuals).
• 2 complimentary seminars per person (90-minute or 3-hour).
• Gift bag of branded merchandise from WOCGEAR and BASF.
The winning crews will be honored at WOC 2015 on Wednesday, February 4, from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm in the Concrete Construction Live Booth.