Polished concrete has grown from a niche to a mainstream design element. To recognize today’s most outstanding projects, the editors of Concrete Surfaces magazine present the annual Polished Concrete Awards.
In addition to publicity and being congratulated for a job well done, the awards give concrete polishing contractors an opportunity to talk about award-winning projects with architects or building owners who might be undecided about what floor treatment to specify or install.
This year, we are expanding our coverage of award winners:
- Winning projects will be featured in Concrete Surfaces magazine and its website, at the International Concrete Polishing and Staining Conference in Duluth, Ga., Sept. 12 – 15, 2013, and at World of Concrete in Las Vegas, Jan. 20 – 24, 2014.
- At least one winner will be invited to participate in the World of Concrete’s Artistry in Decorative Concrete demonstrations.
All contest entrants will also receive a discount to the Polishing Luncheon at World of Concrete.
Our panel of judges will select up to two winners in each category. Entrants have the opportunity to win under “Repair/Rehab” or “New Construction.” Readers can also vote online for their favorite project to win the Readers’ Choice Award.
1. Projects must include a significant amount of polished concrete surfaces.
2. Projects must have been completed by June 30, 2013.
3. There is no geographical restriction — projects can be anywhere in the world.
4. Although aesthetics are a consideration, this contest is focused on the involvement of the contractor in innovative design, construction, or materials, cost-saving methods, and environmental considerations.
Deadline Extension: August 9, 2013
*No refunds will be issued
Projects can fall within any of the following categories:
Commercial — office buildings, sports and recreational facilities
Craftsman — decorative showcase projects
Countertop — kitchen, bath, multipurpose countertops
Educational — school buildings, dormitories
Industrial — manufacturing facilities, warehouses
Institutional — hospitals, churches, government facilities
Residential — single and multifamily structures
Retail — stores, shopping centers, restaurants
Entrants may submit multiple projects. Each project may only be submitted to one category.
How to Enter
STEP ONE: SUBMIT THE ENTRY FEE
Once you have registered and submitted your $50 entry fee, you will receive a confirmation number. If you are entering multiple projects, you may pay for all of them on one form.
STEP TWO: ENTER YOUR PROJECT DETAILS
Use the confirmation number to begin the project entry form. Here you will submit all of the project information and complete the photo release. If you are entering multiple projects, each project must be submitted separately.
STEP THREE: SUBMIT PROJECT PHOTOS
Submit up to 10 HIGH-RESOLUTION digital photos of your project. Photos must show at least one overall view of the project, one shot taken during construction (if available), and one of the completed project. If possible, please submit a photo of the crew. Images should be high resolution JPEG or TIF files, at least 4x6 inches at 300 dpi (dots per inch), or of print publishing quality. If you are entering multiple projects, each set of project photos must be submitted separately.
Email email@example.com or contact Colette Palait, Editorial Assistant, at 773-824-2506.