The Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA) - a non-profit international organization that serves to expand and improve the use of site-cast Tilt-Up as the preferred construction method - has announced the call for entries for professional achievement awards.
The professional achievement awards, recognizing commitment to the Tilt-Up industry on a range of levels, will be presented at TCA's annual meeting Thursday, Feb. 4 in conjunction with the World of Concrete. Recipients are selected by the Association's Board of Directors after nomination by the general membership and recommendation by the TCA's Awards Committee.
Five awards are available that recognize individual or corporate commitment to Tilt-Up. The awards include:
- Peter Courtois Memorial Award - honoring Peter Courtois, formerly of Dayton Superior Concrete Accessories for his tireless commitment to the Tilt-Up industry. This award is considered a career-long achievement recognition.
- Robert Aiken Innovation Award - honoring the innovative spirit of Robert Aiken, considered the founding father of Tilt-Up construction.
- Murray Parker Memorial Award - honoring contractor Murray Parker, formerly of B.D. Stevens, for his development and promotion of Tilt-Up throughout the industry, especially in the Atlantic Provinces region of Canada where many thought it was impossible to use the medium.
- David L. Kelly Engineering Award - honoring David L. Kelly - a long-time TCA board member who served as vice president and chief engineer at Meadow Burke.
- Irving Gill Distinguished Architect Award - honoring Irving J. Gill - a prominent architect in Southern California - who worked with Aiken and contributed the first architectural inspiration to the use of Tilt-Up construction.
Nominations to these awards can be submitted to Jim Baty at email@example.com throughout the year and are generally finalized during November and December for the award announcements during the World of Concrete. Nominations must include the person/company name as well as the supporting reason(s) for their consideration.