Who will fill the void left by the continuing decline in the promotional programs funded by the Portland Cement Association? The concrete industry must face up to the reality of what has happened, and as good businessmen we must try to turn it to our advantage. We must learn all there is to learn about the concrete advantage over other building materials and convert that knowledge into an effective nationwide program to promote concrete. Here are some of the critical questions which such a program must address:
- What are the most important opportunities for expanding the use of concrete in the market place?
- What are the advantages of concrete over asphalt for driveways, parking lots and streets?
- What are the advantages of reinforced concrete frames over steel frames for structures?
- What are the advantages of tilt-up concrete panels over steel buildings?
- What are the most economical applications of concrete for any particular use?
- Who are the people with whom to promote concrete and how should they be approached?