On November 12, 1968, the Portland Cement Association dedicated its new general headquarters building in Skokie, Illinois, adjacent to the research center established on PCA's site in 1949. The move from the association's 44 year old downtown Chicago headquarters marks the completion of a plan formulated more than 20 years ago. The PCA knew that whatever building they built would be making a statement about the structural beauty of concrete. They decided on a three story 50,000 square foot precast concrete structure, laid out in five alternating 35 foot and 15 foot bays. The three 35 foot bays are of precast concrete, the two 15 foot bays of cast in place concrete, and the whole is supported by precast columns and beams. White cement, white silica sand and Romeoville crushed limestone were used in all beams, columns and spandrels. Surfaces were sandblasted to expose the aggregate, and ribs and window sills of the spandrel units were left as smooth white concrete. Structural elements were left exposed in most areas of the interior, while partitions are made of burnished or painted concrete block or wood framed glass. Acoustical tile has been fixed to the underside of tee beam flanges, and the floors are of tile, carpeting or portland cement terrazzo. The lobby floor is a showpiece of Venetian terrazzo using small, royal green marble chips. Interviews with Dr. H. N. Huntzicker, Paul Hillistad, and Raymond Ovresat follow the article.