Sheet membranes have many benefits:
- They are factory manufactured to a uniform thickness.
- They can be applied after a concrete curing time of 7 days and at temperatures as low as 25 degrees.
- They bridge cracks up to 1/16 inch wide and can withstand typical surface movements under a wide range of temperatures and environmental conditions.
- They require no heating or chemical bonding agents.
- They resist puncturing and high hydrostatic pressures.
- They have good resistance to soil acids, alkalies, and fungi.
- Protection board and backfill can be placed immediately after membrane application.
Several steps must be followed carefully during installation to ensure good sheet system performance:
- Prepare the surface.
- Apply primer.
- Treat corners, joints, and cracks.
- Apply the sheets.
- Cover it with protection board and backfill.