2012 Call for Entries
Polished concrete has grown from a niche to a mainstream design element. To recognize today’s most outstanding projects, the editors of Concrete Surfaces magazine have created the annual Polished Concrete Awards. We are asking readers to help us publicize the concrete industry’s advances in this important market segment.
In addition to being congratulated for a job well done, the awards will give concrete polishing contractors an opportunity to talk about award-winning projects with architects or building owners who might be undecided about what floor treatment to specify or install.
Our panel of judges will select one winner in each category. Readers can also vote online for their favorite project to win the Readers’ Choice Award. Winning projects will be featured in Concrete Surfaces magazine and its website, and at the International Concrete Polishing and Staining Conference in Atlanta, Oct. 11-14, 2012.
1. Projects must include a significant amount of polished concrete surfaces.
2. Projects must have been completed by July 31, 2011.
3. There is no geographical restriction—projects can be anywhere in the world.
4. Although aesthetics are a consideration, this contest is focused on the involvement of the contractor in innovative design, construction, or materials, cost-saving methods, and environmental considerations.
Deadline: August 10th, 2012
*No refunds will be issued
Projects can fall within any of the following categories:
- Commercial - office buildings, sports and recreational facilities
- Countertops - kitchen, bath, and multipurpose countertops
- Craftsman - decorative showcase projects
- Educational - school buildings, dormitories, athletic facilities
- Industrial - any structure used for manufacturing, warehouses
- Institutional - hospitals, churches, municipal facilities
- Residential - single or multi-family structures
- Retail - big-box stores, shopping malls, restaurants
Entrants may submit multiple projects. Project may only be submitted to one category.
How to Enter
STEP ONE: SUBMIT THE ENTRY FEE
Once you have registered and submitted your $50 entry fee, you will receive a confirmation number. If you are entering multiple projects, you may pay for all of them on one form.
STEP TWO: ENTER YOUR PROJECT DETAILS
Use the confirmation number to begin the project entry form. Here you will submit all of the project information and complete the photo release. If you are entering multiple projects, each project must be submitted separately.
STEP THREE: SUBMIT PROJECT PHOTOS
Submit up to 10 digital photos of your project. Photos must show at least one overall view of the project, one shot taken during construction (if available), and one of the completed project. If possible, please submit a photo of the crew. Images should be high resolution JPEG or TIFfiles, 4x6 inches at 300 dpi (dots per inch), or of print publishing quality. If you are entering multiple projects, each set of project photos must be submitted separately.
or contact Colette Palait, Editorial Assistant, at 773-824-2506.