Workplace safety and employee responsibility continue to be important topics in the concrete industry. One workplace practice that spurs a lot of heated debate is the practice of employee drug testing. Last month, we asked our readers what drug-testing methodology they would, or have, employed at your workplace? Here's what they had to say.
- One-third of all surveyed told us that all employees underwent a mandatory drug test at the point of hire.
- 29.5% of those surveyed said their policy was to give mandatory drug tests at random to employees at sporadic intervals.
- 17.9% of respondents said they require employees to take drug tests at regular intervals during their employ.
- 2.6% said that they require only voluntary drug testing.
- 16.7 of those surveyed said that they require no drug testing at all.