Built to operate with bulk loads on uneven ground, the M 40 Rough Terrain Vertical-Masted Forklift is available in 2-wheel and 4-wheel drive. It features increased visibility and ergonomics with customized mast options and a sleek, curved body style.
The all-new M 40 rounds out the Tier IV M Series product line for North America as the middle model between the M 30 and M 50, providing a maximum lift height of 19'6" and a maximum loading capacity of 8,179 lbs. (3710 kg). In addition to the all-new M 40, a hydrostatic transmission is now available for all two-wheel drive M Series models as well as a side-shifting mast option.
• Side Shifting Mast - Available on the M 30, M 40
and M 50 the side-shifting mast provides smooth shifting with a one-shaft design. The mast moves three inches in both directions, providing precise placement without having to reposition the truck. The side shift carriage remains as an option. These options provide excellent adaptability and customization to the application.
• Ground Clearance - A high ground clearance provides excellent rough terrain performance for additional access.
• Tier IV Perkins engines - All models utilize fully-compliant engines with 74 hp (55 kW) and 235 ft-lbs. of torque for excellent pushing and pulling power. Loads can be moved over rough terrain with ease.
• Panoramic Cab - The curved frame shape, low dashboard and open overhead guard structure provides a panoramic, 360 degree view. This excellent visibility provides better views to the jobsite for a decrease in safety incidents and more precise placement of materials.
• Quick Ship Configurations - Faster availability for popular machine configurations.