Each year, World of Concrete exhibitors submit their products to Concrete Construction’s Most Innovative Product Award Program. This is the only annual award program honoring innovative new products designed for all segments of the concrete and masonry industries. The annual event showcases to WOC attendees and readers of the official show magazines the best new products that will be exhibited at WOC 2016. Entries accepted into the award program receives extensive exposure to show attendees and to more than 100,000 readers of the official show magazines. Products nominated are voted on by the magazine audiences and by World of Concrete attendees to determine an Industry Choice in each product category. Product nominations are also reviewed by our editorial staff and an invited group to receive an Experts’ Choice Award or an Editors’ Choice award.
Every product nominated is covered in the January show issue of Concrete Construction, in the World of Concrete Daily News (on site—will be in at least one issue), and on www.concreteconstruction.net. Winners are published in post-show issues of Concrete Construction, and The Concrete Producer; and online at Concrete Construction Online, Masonry Construction Online, and The Concrete Producer Online.
Categories for 2016
Choose the category that best fits your nominated product. If you are unsure of the category, please contact Bill Palmer, CC editor in chief to discuss (firstname.lastname@example.org; 773-494-4619). We reserve the right to change products to a different category if we feel it would be a better fit. Choose from among these ten categories:
- Materials for Concrete Construction—includes anchors, concrete-making materials (prepackaged mixes, cement, admixtures, and specialty concretes), reinforcement (including fibers, rebar accessories, joints, and load transfer devices), and water-resisting materials (vapor barriers, waterproofing materials, and curing/form release agents).
- Repair/Demolition Materials, Tools, and Equipment—includes repair mortars, patching materials, corrosion protection, external strengthening reinforcement, and surface prep equipment (breakers, grinders, chippers, other repair tools).
- General Construction Tools & Equipment—includes fleets (engines, trucks, trailers, and maintenance equipment), safety equipment, jobsite tools (compressors, hand tools, lighting, pumps, tool boxes), and site-prep equipment (skidsteers, compactors, forklifts, excavators, cranes).
- Business & Technology—includes site layout equipment, software & apps, communication equipment, and testing equipment.
- Concrete Construction Equipment—includes small mixers, reinforcing steel tools (cutters, benders, tying tools), placing equipment (pumps, conveyors, buckets, vibrators), concrete saws/blades & drills/bits, formwork & shoring (including ICFs), paving tools & equipment (paving machines, slipform machines, dowel drills, pervious equipment), and tilt-up tools & materials.
- Slab Tools/Equipment & Materials—including strike-off tools/screeds, trowels, and surface finishing materials (dry shake hardeners, densifiers, trowel aids), joint sealers & fillers.
- Concrete Surfaces & Decorative Concrete Equipment & Materials—stamping tools & materials, stains, color (integral, dry-shake), engraving tools, surface retarders, polishing equipment, hardeners/densifiers/guards, decorative overlays, coatings & sealers, self-leveling overlays.
- Concrete Production and Delivery Equipment—includes, batching, material handling, mixing, heating and cooling equipment, mixer trucks & accessories, dispatch & scheduling tools, and water/washout control.
- Precast & Block Production—precast forms and vibrators, release agent, hand tools, block-making equipment.
- Masonry Materials and Equipment—includes bricks, masonry accessories, masonry tools, masonry equipment (braces, scaffold/mast-climbers, telehandlers).
Note that participation in the MIP program is open only to 2016 World of Concrete exhibitors. Other program guidelines are outlined on the registration form. Email questions to email@example.com.
There are three award categories: Industry Choice, Experts’ Choice, and Editors’ Choice.
An Industry Choice Awards is presented to one nominated product in each category, selected based on the most valid votes received in an on-line survey plus ballots submitted at the World of Concrete. A valid on-line vote is one cast from a unique IP address and is associated with a valid and unique email address. A valid vote cast on a paper ballot must include the WOC badge number, an email address, and the entrant’s signature. All industry professionals are eligible to cast ballots in this category.
The Experts’ Choice Award is presented to nominated products selected by a group of industry professionals. This group includes members of the World of Concrete Seminar Advisory council, members of industry technical organizations such as ACI, ASTM, and others, and faculty members of the Concrete Industry Management programs from around the country. Experts are asked to vote within their category of expertise. These experts analyze the technical nature of each product. Since many of the product nominees can have unique attributes even within the same category, there can be multiple awards in a category.
The Editors’ Choice Awards are selected by staff members of Concrete Construction, The Concrete Producer, Masonry Construction, and Public Works. Editors are asked to review the nominees for the effect on the entire industry. There can be multiple awards in a category.
Coverage of MIP nominated products is extensive across all brands and media platforms. This includes:
Pre-Show Editorial Coverage: For the 2016 MIP Award program, we are offering expanded coverage of the nominated products. The MIP Award Program is sponsored by the official World of Concrete media brands: Concrete Construction, The Concrete Producer, and Masonry Construction. All brands will publish announcements promoting on-line voting and may include special coverage within their editorial coverage of the show.
In addition all nominated products will receive exclusive promotion including:
- Each company nominating a product or service will receive a high res MIP logo that they can include in marketing efforts promoting their product.
- WOC Pre-Show Planner - Nominations received by November 20, 2015, will be included in a special section of this digital magazine.
- Each description will also be submitted to the editorial staffs of Concrete Construction, The Concrete Producer, Public Works, and Masonry Construction. Products will be used by the appropriate magazines in their preshow coverage – both print and on-line.
Vote MIP: This special micro-site on the Concrete Construction website is linked to all of our publications. Online voting will begin around January 1, 2016 and end February 15, 2016. Each product will have its own special ballot page. The ballot page will include:
- Product name, Image, exhibitor’s name, and booth number.
- Product Application Description. Using your submitted 500-word description, we will prepare an edited description of your product. In this description, you may either provide more information on the innovation behind the product development, or provide a case history or application story. This is an opportunity to demonstrate how contractors or producers have used the product to solve problems, increase job site efficiency, improve quality, or enhance safety. You may also submit up to 6 additional images of the product to support this application story.
- Link to exhibitor website
- Link to product website (if provided)
- Photos of each product will be displayed in a special MIP area located next to the WOCGEAR store in the Grand Concourse area between North and Central Halls. The display will include the product’s image, exhibitor name, and booth number.
- The World of Concrete Program & Exhibits Guide will include a special section that lists each product, exhibitor’s name, and booth number.
- Each product's short description provided with their entry will be published in all the editions of The Daily News.
- Each exhibitor entering the MIP will receive 50 paper ballots for distribution in their booth plus a PDF of the ballot with which to print their own ballots. Exhibitors are also allowed to make copies of the ballot to bring to the show or have copies made at the FedEx located in the convention center. (Note: Ballots must be returned to WOCGEAR or CC Live by the end of the show.)
- Each exhibitor will receive an MIP floor sign at one booth to encourage voting in the MIP award program.
Award winners will be announced by March 4, 2016. Award-winning products will receive editorial coverage in post-show issues of Concrete Construction and The Concrete Producer; and online at Concrete Construction Online, Masonry Construction Online, and The Concrete Producer Online. Award winners will receive a special certificate and may advertise their product as an MIP winner.
Additional MIP Opportunities to Drive Booth Engagement at WOC
At the time of entry, companies can purchase two additional opportunities to help promote your product at World of Concrete to drive booth traffic and make your booth an attendee destination. If you decide to purchase either or both of these options, entry price remains at $550 even after October 16th.
Option 1: World of Concrete Daily News Ad - Entrants also have the ability to purchase an1/4-page ad for their product in the World of Concrete Daily News, distributed to 40,000 WOC attendees. Entry prices remain the same but the ¼-page ad will cost $950 as opposed to the $1500 rate card value! Other ad sizes available.
Option 2: World of Concrete Pre Show Planner (PSP) Ad – Branded under The Daily News, the Pre Show Planner digital issue reaches 200,000+ contractors and producers, before WOC. The PSP offers a guide to World of Concrete so attendees can begin the planning process and identify must see exhibits, your ad includes live links back to your web site. The half page Ad has been discounted 50% and other ad sizes are available.
- MIP Entry: $650
- MIP Entry + Ad in Daily News (1/4 Page)= $1525
- MIP Entry + Ad in Pre Show Planner (1/2 Page) = $1350 **
- MIP Entry + Ad in Daily News + Ad in Pre Show Planner = $2100
** = Only available until November 20, 2015.
Note: If you select any of these additional MIP opportunities, you will be contacted within 24 hours of entry submission. If you have any questions about these opportunities please contact Greg Cooke, firstname.lastname@example.org.