The Decorative Concrete Council, a specialty council of the American Society of Concrete Contractors, St. Louis, Mo., announced the winnders of its second annual decorative concrete awards competition at a ceremony at the World of Concrete, Las Vegas, on Thursday, February 4, 2010.
The winners are:
Cast-In-Place/Special Finishes - Over 1500 S.F.
- 1st Bay Area Concretes, Inc., Livermore, California for Fillmore Center Plaza
- 2nd T.B. Penick & Sons, Inc., San Diego, California for McClellan-Palomar Airport Terminal
Concrete Artistry - Over 1500 S.F.
- 1st T.B. Penick & Sons, Inc., San Diego, California for San Elijo Nature Center
- 2nd Bay Area Concretes, Inc., Livermore, California for Del Monte Shopping Center, Fountain Plaza
Overlays/Spray Texture - Over 1500 S.F.
- 1st Sundek of Austin, Austin, Texas for Austin 360 Building
Stained - Over 1500 S.F.
- 1st CSolutions, Atlanta, Georgia for Boys and Girls Club
- 2nd CSolutions, Atlanta, Georgia for Railroad Depot, Stone Mountain Park
Stenciled - Over 1500 S.F.
- 1st Sundek of Washington, Chantilly, Virginia for Omni Shoreham Hotel
- 1st Deco Illusions LLC, Roanoke, Indiana for Cool Waves
- 2nd Palatial Development Corp., Calverton, New York for Loscalzo
Overlays/Stamped-Over 1500 S.F.
- 1st Sun Surfaces of Orlando, Winter Garden, Florida for The Vineyard Wine Co.
- 2nd Sundek of Washington, Chantilly, Virginia for Maryanne Everett Residence
Overlays/Stamped-Under 1500 S.F.
- 1st Rowland Concrete Services, Tottenham, Ontario, Canada for William Residence Wine Room
Polished-Over 1500 S.F.
- 1st Colorado Hardscapes, Inc., Denver, Colorado for Colorado Mountain College Summit Campus
- 2nd Hyde Concrete, Annapolis, Maryland for Wallace Presbyterian Church
Polished-Under 1500 S.F.
- 1st Angus McMillan Concrete, Mayfair Hastings, New Zealand for Plus Rehab Taradale
Cast-In-Place/Stamped-Over 1500 SF
- 1st Hyde Concrete, Annapolis, Maryland for Srour Apartments
- 2nd Rowland Concrete Services, Tottenham, Ontario, Canada for Inman Residence
Cast-In-Place/Stamped-Under 1500 SF
- 1st Lloyd Concrete Services, Inc., Forest, Virginia for Lloyd Residence Steps
The WOW! Award, for best overall project went to Bay Area Concretes, Inc. for the Fillmore Center Plaza.The entries were judged by Rex Donahey, editor-in-chief, Concrete International; Emily Lorenz, editor-in-chief, PCI Journal; Joe Nasvik, senior editor, Concrete Construction; William Palmer, Editorial Director, Concrete Today Magazine; and Jim Peterson, president, Concretenetwork.Com.
The Decorative Concrete Council membership is composed of contractors and manufacturers and suppliers of decorative concrete products. The Council is dedicated to focusing on the issues, trends and research of the decorative concrete industry and to meeting the needs of the contractors that pursue this specialty market.