Built in 1911, the Spalding Building in Portland, Oregon, needed a face-lift. Modifications to the building in the 1940s and 1950s had obliterated the original limestone street facade beyond simple patching. The project required replacement of the original stone blocks comprising the limestone street facade with new cast stone concrete blocks having the original architectural details. An innovative feature of the renovation was the use of one-piece glass-fiber-reinforced concrete (GFRC) columns, 20 feet tall and only 1/2 inch thick, which were slipped over the original limestone blocks.