The ACI Concrete Essentials Seminar Series will take place at the Big 5 Heavy Show in Dubai, UAE, March 26-27, 2018.The two-day seminar series will give participants an in-depth look into topics including concrete repair, self-consolidating concrete, mass concrete, and more. Additionally, the seminar series will feature a three-part course on the ACI Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete, which -- under a recently-signed agreement with the Gulf Cooperation Council Standardization Organization -- will be used to develop a Gulf Building Code.
The seminars will be approved for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit. The first seminars on each day are available free to attendees.
Seminars topics are as follows:
Day 1 – March 26, 2018
- (Free) Introduction to the American Concrete Institute
- Concrete basics
- Benefits and differences of supplementary cementitious materials
- ACI 562-16 Code Requirements for Assessment, Repair, and Rehabilitation of Existing Concrete Structures
- Mass concrete: How big is big?
- Self-consolidating concrete delivers efficiency and benefits
Day 2 – March 27, 2018
- (Free) Reasons to join the American Concrete Institute Community
- Anchorage to concrete
- Durability: The new focus of many owners
- ACI 318: Three-part lecture – Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete
Expert speakers for the seminars will be:
- Matthew D’Ambrosia, PhD, PE, MJ2 Consulting
- Michael Tholen, PhD, PE, American Concrete Institute
- Khaled Nahlawi, PhD, PE, American Concrete Institute
As the leading global concrete knowledge resource ACI is strengthening a wide range of strategic relationships in the Middle East region, and developing new resources and education programs. Partnering with The Big 5 Heavy is one of the ways ACI is establishing stronger relationships with organizations internationally.