An estimated 1,600 engineers, architects, contractors, educators, manufacturers, and material representatives from around the world will convene at the Grand Sierra Resort, Reno, NV, USA, March 23-27, to collaborate on concrete codes, specifications and standards.
Held in Reno, NV, the ACI Convention is intended to expand attendees’ knowledge of concrete’s strength and versatility throughout the 300+ committee meetings, 30+ technical sessions, tours, and networking events offered. Professional Development Hours (PDHs) may be earned during the 30+ sessions offered.
Convention highlights include: • The Opening Session and Awards Program where over 100 individuals and groups will be recognized for their contributions to the concrete industry.
• Technical Tour of the University of Nevada Reno, Earthquake Engineering Laboratory.
• An industry exhibition featuring products and services of over 40 exhibitors
• Gala Dinner to Honor Founders of ACI Foundation Fellowship Program
• Student FRC Bowling Ball Competition, that challenges students to design and construct a fiber-reinforced concrete bowling ball to achieve optimal performance under specified failure criteria and to develop a fabrication process that produces a radial uniform density while maximizing volume.
• International Lunch with Gordon Clark, President of the International Federation for Structural Concrete (fib), presenting his vision of Making Our Concrete Structures Last Longer - A Global Challenge.
• Contractors’ Day Lunch during which Dan Payne of Webcor Concrete, and Leo Panian, of Tipping Mar will answer the question about sustainable concrete and a tight construction schedule – can it be done?
• Casino-themed Concrete Mixer.
Reduced rate sleeping rooms are available at the resort until February 17th based on availability. Attendees who register for the convention by February 23th will receive reduced registration rates.
To learn more about the ACI Spring 2014 Convention, reference the Convention Schedule at www.aciconvention.org