The Colorado Ready Mixed Concrete Association (CRMCA) is NRMCA's 2016 State Association of the Year. This is the 13th annual award and the first time CRMCA has received this recognition. Some highlights from CRMCA’s nomination include:
- CRMCA’s promotion efforts included training sessions, presentations, marketing booths, sponsorship packages and seminars attended by over 1,000 people in the concrete industry.
- CRMCA took an interactive role and introduced the “Build with Strength” campaign at its annual meeting in November 2015. In late 2016, CRMCA engaged in a plan to drive the initiative throughout Colorado.
- CRMCA continues to expand its outreach through social media by utilizing Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter to inform, educate and communicate concrete promotion. In addition to social media, CRMCA maintains its own publication while developing articles for other publications such as the Colorado Concrete Magazine, Colorado Public Works Journal, and the Concrete Products magazine.
- A wide variety of educational offerings included hosting NRMCA’s Plant Manager, Concrete Mixture and CCSP courses, facilitating 44 ACI Certification sessions, including the Concrete Flatwork Finisher and Technician certification.
- CRMCA has worked with NRMCA staff to implement CRMCA’s Pre-Construction Checklist. The checklist is being used by more producers and contractors as distribution continues to reach across the state. NRMCA released the checklist nationally under the title “Concrete Acceptance Testing Checklist.”