Oracle Construction and Engineering has unveiled its Innovation Lab, a facility designed to accelerate efforts to help project- and asset-intensive organizations explore the latest technologies and drive digital transformation.
The simulated project worksite will allow visitors to interact with connected devices, autonomous vehicles, drones, augmented reality, visualization, and artificial intelligence tools. By presenting these hands-on experiences within a simulated connected worksite, the lab is able to bring performance improvements and data insights to life.
The vision for the Innovation Lab, which is located outside Chicago in Deerfield, Ill., was shaped in part by input from several Oracle Construction and Engineering customers as well as technology providers. The Innovation Lab experiences will feature technologies that integrate with Oracle solutions to enable collaboration and unlock critical project intelligence to enhance outcomes and drive continuous improvement.
Technology providers that will participate in the Innovation Lab at launch include:
- Assemble Systems - an Autodesk company, they provide a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution that enables construction professionals to condition, query, and connect BIM data to key workflows across bid management, estimating, scheduling, site management, and finance.
- Bosch - empowers productivity on the jobsite through their connected tools and asset solutions.
- DAQRI - augmented reality (AR) technology for the workforce links digital content to the real world to accelerate productivity, communication, and key business processes.
- HERE - the Open Location Platform provides a single system for location-centric development.
- Jovix - a material readiness application developed by Atlas RFID (radio frequency identification) for the construction market, keeps crews productive with real-time information about material availability relative to the construction plan and schedule.
- Reconstruct - provides a 3D timeline that tracks visual progress, labor productivity, and predictive analytics for projects to keep them on time and on budget.
- Triax - a platform that provides real-time visibility into workers, safety, equipment, and asset management on a jobsite.
The vision for the Innovation Lab was shaped in part by input from customers as well as technology providers. The experiences will feature technologies that integrate with Oracle solutions to enable collaboration and unlock critical project intelligence to enhance outcomes and drive continuous improvement.
“Advances in technology are reshaping the industry landscape at an accelerating pace. Our Innovation Lab enables organizations to experience firsthand how new technologies can help drive better project outcomes in critical areas such as safety, productivity, and quality,” says Mike Sicilia, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Oracle Construction and Engineering.
The Innovation Lab will also feature a demonstration of Oracle Live Experience Cloud, which showcases modern engagement for cross-worksite experiences.