Presented by Concrete Construction and Concrete Surfaces magazines, this event will focus on achieving uniformity in the way that polished concrete floors are specified. This forum will give attendees a chance to find common ground and gain a better understanding about the specifications of polished concrete floors.
Here are some of the specifications:
- The Optimum Mix for Polished Concrete: Question: In our last project we needed to polish some concrete. There was a varied appearance to the surface after it was ground smooth. In some areas the rocks are visible, and in other areas just sand. To prevent this problem from occurring later, what can be done to avoid this?
- A New Standard: CSDA’s polished concrete guidance goes beyond gloss to measure surface texture.
Polished floors are often viewed as superior because they offer better durability than other floors.
The Concrete Polishing Luncheon & Forum will take place on Tuesday, Feb. 2 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. This event is sponsored by the Concrete Polishing Association of America.
According to CPPA, there are three dilemmas regarding classification:
- Agreement on a methodology for measuring the levels of quality for polished concrete.
- Agreement on a methodology for producing polished concrete in the field.
- Agreement on terminology defining the products and processes used to produce polished concrete.
Register for World of Concrete 2016, TUCPL Fee: $75 on or before 12/15/15; $95 after 12/15/15 and onsite; $65 with purchase of Super Pass.