DEWALT, known for innovating and engineering tools to withstand the harshest job sites and extreme use, has introduced the DEWALT XP Tape Measure, DEWALT’s toughest tape measure yet featuring a tougher case, tougher blade coating, and tougher hook connection.
Built around Dual-Core Technology – a patented spring system that utilizes two retracting springs in an impact-resistant, heavy-duty case – the DEWALT XP Tape Measure (DWHT36225) is reengineered from the inside out. The result is a compact, professional-duty ergonomic tape with a case designed for a better fit in the user’s hand.
Using the DEWALT XP Tape Measure, builders and contractors alike will benefit from DEWALT’s toughest blade yet, which features 13’ of straighter, truer blade standout, and a tougher hook connection reinforced to reduce breakage near the hook.
The new 25’ XP Tape Measure is made in the USA with global materials and available in Canada beginning in May 2017 and the U.S. in July 2017 where DEWALT products are sold. Additional 35’ and 8M/26’ sizes will be introduced later this year. Key DEWALT XP Tape Measure features include:
- The impact-resistant PC/ABS and rubber case is engineered to survive drops up to 60 feet.
- Integrated lock protection guards the lock button when dropped.
- Built-in lanyard slot offers an additional security option.
TOUGHER BLADE COATING
- Guaranteed Tough, the DEWALT XP Tape Measure features 9" of heavy-duty thermoplastic coating at the beginning of the blade to provide 3X more blade protection than DWHT33975 and reduces blade breakage near the hook.
- Our toughest coating covers the entire blade and protects the paint for long blade life and maximum protection against abrasion, wear and rust.
- The 1 ¼” wide high-carbon steel blade provides 13’ of straighter blade standout for increased reach and efficiency.
TOUGHER HOOK CONNECTION
- The DEWALT XP Tape Measure features DEWALT’s toughest hook connection reinforced to reduce blade breakage.
- The extra-large end hook grabs construction material from all four sides making grabbing objects while taking measurements easy.
- A durable, three-rivet fastened hook connection along with the 9” of thermoplastic coating supports a stronger, longer life.
The reinforced housing on the DEWALT XP Tape Measure also has a newly redesigned screw less belt clip, making it easy to attach, secure, and remove. For increased ease of use across a variety of applications, a new quick-release lock design engages easily and holds the blade tight, while a built-in lanyard slot provides convenience and security for use on elevated jobsites.
“With the DEWALT XP model, we’ve revolutionized the tape measure from the inside out to deliver our toughest tape ever. Our patented Dual-Core Technology allows the tape to be more compact, comfortable and ergonomic with outstanding durability. Everything about the XP Tape Measure is designed to last longer and be more durable. This is the quality and integrity users have come to expect from a DEWALT product, which is also proudly made in USA with global materials,” said Lee McChesney, President, Hand Tools, Accessories & Storage at Stanley Black & Decker.
Since 1922, DEWALT has been committed to uncompromising performance combined with industry-leading innovation. As jobsite needs continue to become more demanding, DEWALT’s quality engineering and design has continued to evolve, becoming one of the most prominent brands on the jobsite. Today professionals turn to DEWALT for advancements that raise the bar of jobsite durability. Such is the case with the DEWALT XP Tape Measure.
DEWALT XP Tape Measure specifications:
Height: 3 1/8”
Width: 3 3/8”
Depth: 2 9/32”
Weight: 1.25 lbs
For more information, visit Dewalt.com/ToughBeyondMeasure.