The Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI) has announced the winners of its 18th biennial Design Awards Competition. Winners were judged on four criteria: satisfaction of the owner's objectives, effective planning, innovation to meet project goals, and full exploitation of the benefits of cast-in-place reinforced concrete. Here are the 2006 winners:
- Holy Rosary Catholic Church Complex, St. Amant, La. Concrete contractor: Quality Design & Construction.
Special Award—Security Design
- Oklahoma City Federal Building. Concrete contractor: Flintco Inc.
- Patriots Plaza—Phase I, Washington, D.C. Concrete contractor: Helix Constructors LLC.
- Oklahoma Hall, Bachelor Enlisted Quarters P-593, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Concrete contractor: Dick Pacific Construction Co. Inc.
- RadioShack Riverfront Campus, Fort Worth, Texas. Concrete contractor: The Beck Group.
- Press Box at Alex G. Spanos Stadium, Stockton, Calif. Concrete contractor: Mid-Cal Constructors.
- Austin (Texas) City Hall. Concrete contractor: Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
- Tacoma (Wash.) Community College. Concrete contractor: Albrecht Birkenbuel Inc.
- Natural Sciences Building, University of California at San Diego. Concrete contractor: J.R. Construction Inc.
- Oxford Parking Garage, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass. Concrete contractor: J.F. White.
For more information about the awards, visit www.crsi.org.
More about Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute
Find products, contact information and articles about Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute