The Plastics Pipe Institute, Inc. (PPI), has announced the winners of its yearly Members and Projects of the Year Awards program. At its annual meeting, which was held in May at the Coeur d'Alene Resort in Idaho, the PPI membership recognized four public pipeline projects for exceptional contributions to the industry.
PPI President Tony Radoszewski, CAE says, "We continue to see more and more different uses of plastic pipe. This was evident in our Projects of the Year that included two installations that used plastic pipe in rather unique ways, and also with other winning projects that used miles of the pipe to speed installation and for cost efficiencies."
Submissions in each of the association's divisions are reviewed, evaluated and voted upon by PPI members. PPI is the major North American trade association representing all segments of the plastic pipe industry.
PPI Corrugated Plastic Pipe Division Project of the Year
- South Carolina Department of Transportation Gateway Storm Water Drainage System
- PPI Member Company: Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc. (ADS)
PPI Energy Piping Systems Division Project of the Year
- Texas A&M Chilled and Hot Water Line Systems
- PPI Member Companies ISCO Industries and Performance Pipe
PPI Municipal & Industrial Division Project of the Year
- Water Delivery Pipeline to Rural Amish Community
- PPI Member Companies: Core & Main and WL Plastics
PPI Power & Communications Division Project of the Year
- Illinois Tollway
- PPI Member Company: Blue Diamond Industries, LLC